6TB Minutes Sept. 25, 2013

6-Town Meeting
Breed, Doty, Lakewood, Mountain, Riverview & Townsend
September 25, 2013

 

Al Lauterborn , Mountain Supervisor, opened the 6-Town meeting at 6:30pm in the Mountain Community Building with the Pledge of Allegiance.   Roll call: Breed-Ethel Firgens, Richard VandeWettering; Doty-Dick Kendall; Lakewood-Gigi Bartels; Mountain-Al Lauterborn, Lynn Kauzlaric, Tony Uecke; Riverview-Ann Hogan; Michael Rzepka; Townsend- Bruce Karow, Joann Jones, Bill Dutton; Guest-Geri Hammer; 6-Town Secretary-Pam Bursek

Hogan motioned to approve agenda as printed, Vande Wettering 2nd, all were in favor, MC. VandeWettering motioned to approve minutes as printed, Jones 2nd all were in favor, MC.

Guest Geri Hammer spoke in favor of starting a joint dog park. Questions arose concerning insurance, costs of fencing, cleaning of park, location and land. Hammer will follow up with answers at next 6-Town meeting. Tabled item.

Library issues- Hogan, State Reps-trying to formulate a bill to become fairer for Towns and OC (Oconto County)is pushing for the same thing. Towns agreed that there is nothing more they can do at this time.

Satellite Office committee- Gigi Bartels said committee did nothing yet and anyone who wants to help with locations can call her 715-276-6649 or 715-850-0725. Hogan said a letter to DeCoster and OC needs to be written and signed by Towns- Kendall will draft letter and have it ready for next meeting. Item tabled.

Towns agreed there is nothing they can do about the jail referendum-no discussion.

Uniform hall rental for special interest groups were included in the discussion of a summary of survey results. Kendall would like all Chairs to fill out the survey of general questions in the hopes of coming up with a uniform price for hall rental and general questions answered. Item was tabled for next meeting so Chairs can get the information back to Kendall.

Michael Rzepka, Humane Officer liaison, will speak with James Bubb, Humane Officer for 6-Towns about patrolling, calls and other issues. Towns want talks documented to see if Bubb is right for this job. Rzepka will let know answers at next meeting. Item tabled.

A possible brush site was also mentioned-Riverview has one in place that is working well for them and Kendall included brush site in the survey-item is tabled until next meeting when results are back from Chairs.

Kendall spoke with OC concerning persons going directly to County instead of the Towns. Dutton also added OC wants to email the papers to Chairs and Clerks so things move along quicker. Towns and OC will work on getting emailed and improve county zoning hearing communications.

Mountain asked other Towns is they give donations to Crimestoppers. Riverview responded they donate $200 every year.

There were no business updates.

Karow did not attend the OCEDC meeting-nothing to report

No other business and no public comment.

Next meeting will be Tuesday, November 19th in Breed at 6:30pm.

Dutton made a motion to adjourn, Uecke 2nd all were in favor. Meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Pamela J. Bursek, Secretary
6-Towns

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>