Meeting of the 6-Town Boards Representing
Breed, Doty, Lakewood, Mountain,
Riverview and Townsend
The Town Boards of Breed, Doty, Lakewood, Mountain, Riverview and Townsend will meet on: Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 at 6:00pm at the Doty Town Hall located at 14899 Cty Road T, Mountain, WI. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss areas of mutual interest and concern and to consider actions to address them.
- Call to order. Roll call.
- Invocation [Kendall].
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Can we certify that the requirements of the open meeting law have been met?
- Establish the order of the day.
- Approval of the most recent minutes of the 6-Towns.
Business agenda issues regarding the Northern Satellite office to include:
1.Discussion: Northern Satellite Office Progress Report (Dick Kendall, Ann Hogan, Tom Haberstein).
- Properties under consideration.
- Maiden Lake Plumbing.
- Brunner property.
- Other potential properties (Mountain Ambulance; Mountain industrial park).
- Summary of discussion with OCEDC representative (Ann Hogan; Tom Haberstein).
2.Report from the Towns regarding the Town Meetings held to consider up to $40,000/town for purchase of building/property for a new location for the Northern Satellite office.
ü What support or objections were heard/voiced by Towns’ people?
- What was the original intent for the Satellite Office?
- How used yesterday? Today? How have the needs changed?
- County officers. Veterans. Zoning. OCEDC. Other.
- Are we getting the services we need?
- Is the County a participating partner or do they need to ‘step up to the plate’ in a bolder way?
4.Does it make sense for the northern towns of a long and narrow (north to south) county to have to pay additional tax dollars for our own County facility? We’re already being taxed! How can and will Oconto County show support for and be a financial partner in helping to pay the bills for these services that we would like to have continued?
- Explaining our concerns and expectations to a County Board Representative.
- How can our voices be heard at the County Board level?
- Can we speak to a Committee or to the County Board to surface our concerns/expectations?
- Invited guests include Oconto County Board members Dave Christiansen, Judy Buhrandt, Tom Gryboski.
- Citizens Input.
5.Oconto County MABAS Division 137/mutual aid newer intergovernmental agreement discussion. [Tim Magnin, Oconto County Emergency Management Director] (45 minutes).
Other Business as time allows:
6.Business Update for Each Town.
7.Monthly O.C.E.D.C. Report.
9.Set Next Meeting Date & Place.
Posted by Town Clerk: Lynn Kauzlaric,
Town of Mountain.
on this date of: July 7th, 2014