TOWN OF MOUNTAIN
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
JUNE 24, 2014
The Special Town Meeting of Electors was called to order by Chairman Hull at 6:30 p.m. pursuant to WI SS 60.12(1)(c) for the approval or denial to spend up to $40,000.00 towards the purchase or building of a satellite office with 5 voting elector attendees.
Chairman Hull updated Town Electors of discussions at 6 Town Board meetings regarding jointly purchasing property for the Oconto County Northern Satellite Office instead of paying rent; discussed locations previously looked at and offers made; need Town Elector opinion on decision.
General concerns addressed included:
– David Wirth contacted Jody Sampson regarding his property in Business Park; could purchase for $35,000 and build garage/poll building to meet needs of Sherriff’s Dept
– Question if this was a double lot
– Question if Oconto County Zoning holds meetings/hearings at the satellite office
– Question if citizens have to recommend to 6 Town Board for them to look at Mountain location, which would cost ½ the price
– Citizen comments that Oconto County Zoning (and any other agency that would use Satellite office) should look at Jody Sampson’s building to see if it would meet their needs
– Question if ramp at Jody Sampson’s location would meet ADA accessibility codes
– Comments would like to have Satellite office closer to center of Northern 1/3 of county; they believe that people from Suring/Maple Valley north all use the Satellite office because they know Bill Bartz
Motion that we table it until they look at the building in Mountain by David Wirth. Seconded by Jerry Herman. 5 Ayes; 0 opposed. Motion Carried.
Motion to adjourn by Al Lauterborn. Seconded by Paul Scheunemann. 5 Ayes; 0 opposed. Motion carried. Time is 7:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for approval by,
Lynn Kauzlaric, Clerk/Treasurer
Sup. Al Lauterborn
Chairman Jerry Hull
Clerk/Treasurer Lynn Kauzlaric