TOWN OF MOUNTAIN
BOARD MEETING NOVEMBER 13, 2012
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Hull at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Office. Roll call was taken with all board members present, as well as 9 in attendance. The agenda was posted on November 10, 2012. Motion to approve the agenda by Wirth. Seconded by Hull. Motion carried. The Pledge of Allegiance is said.
Treasurer’s Report was given by Kauzlaric with bank statements available for review. Motion to approve Treasurer’s report by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Minutes of the Town Board meeting held October 9, 2012 were available for review. Motion to accept minutes by Hull. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
Minutes of the Special Town Board meeting held October 23, 2012 were available for review. Motion to accept minutes by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Budget Amendments – none at this time
Disbursements were available for all to review; checks #20440 to and including #40279 for disbursement of $25,482.96, which includes auto withdrawal of payroll taxes; plus late check #20480 to Oconto County Fire Officers Assoc. in the amount of $100.00 for a total disbursement of $25,582.96. Motion to approve disbursements by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Ambulance Report – No meeting. No motions are entertained.
Fire Department Report – Chief Harkema reported they hosted a mini academy by 3 different departments which was well attended; moved dry hydrant at Chute Pond (better location with less interference with Park operations).
– Social Media Policy – Sup. Uecke compared this to other Social Media Policies and stated it was comparable. Motion that we adopt Code of Conduct Social Media Policy by Uecke. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
– Concealed Carry Policy – Sup. Uecke stated he reviewed Dept. of Justice guidelines with policy. Motion to accept Concealed Carry Policy by Hull. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
– Training Requirements Policy – Town Board made suggestions to wording changes for items #7 & #8. Motion that we accept this one with noted changes by Hull. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Humane Officer Report is given by new Humane Officer James Bubb with 15 calls for October.
– Cell phone provided by Towns – Clerk Kauzlaric stated former Humane Officer made suggestion cost would be minimal monthly fee plus time used; email sent to other Towns to add to Board Meeting agendas. Motion to get cell phone as long as other Towns agree by Hull. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
– “Humane Officer” Jacket purchase – Clerk Kauzlaric stated former Humane Officer also suggested as he received jacket when hired, which alerts property owners of your official position. Motion that we spring for the official jacket providing the other towns split the fee by Uecke. Seconded by Hull. Motion carried.
Cemetery Report – nothing to report. No motions are entertained.
Planning Commission Report – No meeting.
Communication File is reviewed and list is signed.
2012 Special Assessments – Motion that there will be no Special Assessments at this time by Hull. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
Local Road Certification – Maps received reviewed with road name correction on map for Main Lane listed as Mary’s Lane. Motion to approve it with the change by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Garbage/Junk Ordinance discussion – Sup. Uecke presented Ordinances found from smaller Towns; looked on Wisconsin Towns Association site with no sample Ordinances found; Town Board members state Town of Blackbrook Ordinance appears to be the closest to what they are looking to write up. Tabled until next month for Ordinance to be presented.
Timberland Invasive Partnership – email received from Amanda Strick, Oconto County Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator regarding arising issues with invasive weed species; Town Board reviewed draft of the Cooperative Weed Management Areas cooperative agreement. Motion to support the County by Uecke. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
Doze Inn Class B Liquor License transfer – Transfer form received to transfer Class B Liquor License from Della Deau to Larry Deau; Clerk Kauzlaric verified valid Seller’s permit was issued. Motion to approve it by Wirth. Seconded by Hull. Motion carried.
Fire fighter new hire-Janka – Chief Harkema stated he is already trained and currently on Townsend/Lakewood. Motion to accept by Hull. Seconded by Wirth. Motion carried.
Fire Equipment Donation from Darien Woodridge Fire Protection Dist. – Chief Harkema stated that he was contacted by Darien Woodridge Fire Protection Dist. regarding equipment that they were disposing of, which includes hand tools; hose; fan; and misc. other equipment valued around $35,000. Motion to accept by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried.
Fire Engine Purchase Discussion – Chief Harkema discussed need to have engine that seats 4 firefighters to be MABAS compliant; found used Spartan engine in Shawano that has 6 man cab; 5000 watt generator; increased water flow; looking to possibly trade 1987 engine; cost @ $75,000 with possible trade of value of $10,000 – $15,000. Tabled until engine looked at.
Hearing of the People brought about concerns relating minutes from Special Town Board meeting regarding Ambulance Budget.
Budget Hearing & Special Town Board Meeting Tuesday, November 20th 6:30 p.m. @ Town Office
Friends of the Library Craft Show Saturday, November 24th 9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. @ Community Center
Planning Commission Tuesday, December 4th 7:00 p.m. @ Town Office
Town Board Meeting Tuesday, December 11th 7:00 p.m. @ Town Office
Motion to adjourn by Wirth. Seconded by Uecke. Motion carried. Time is 8:07 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for approval by,
Lynn Kauzlaric, Clerk